Question Gigabyte Z690 LAN / Network Driver Issue

rarebear

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
I can't get drivers to load on this recommend Mobo..
I have read several threads elsewhere of the same problem and called Gigabyte and they just tell me the hardware is working since there is a address in the bios.

I have updates Bios and install gigabyte drivers, extracted drivers and tried installing them with Device Manager and still no Joy.. This in a brand new build with Toms recommend hardware ..

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What error messages, pop-ups, windows, etc, appear when the drivers fail to load and/or install?

How are you trying to install the drivers?

Some third party tool or uninstaller? Or are you manually downloading the drivers directly via the applicable manufacturer's website then doing your own install and configuration?

No third party tools or installers - correct?

Any related error codes, warnings, or even informational events in Reliability History or Event Viewer?

rarebear

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Intel Core i5-12600KF Desktop Processor 10 (6P+4E) Cores up to 4.9 GHz Unlocked LGA1700 600 Series Chipset 125W
G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 (PC5-48000) CL36-36-36-96 1.35V Dual Channel Desktop Memory Model F5-6000J3636F16GA2-TZ5RK
WD_BLACK 2TB SN850 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2
ASUS DirectCU II Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
Corsair HX850 Watt

Not completely Tom's recommended build , as close as I could minus the video card..
I have three Expiations in yellow triangles in the device manager for Ethernet controller, Network controller and Unknown device after loading Gigabyte
's drivers.. As per CS at Gigabyte I unRARed the driver for the LAN and tried to install from Device Manager but still no Joy..

Last edited:

rarebear

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Well Gigabyte is not answering my calls now :( I was on hold for two plus hours yesterday and today no call back..
I tried removing the M.2 drive and installing windows to a SATA drive and same thing.. I am out of options.
It connects to internet to load windows off usb stick but after it loads windows I can get Gigabyte drives to load :(

rarebear

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Just put a Asus Strix Z690-E together and have the same problems :(
This old man wants to cry almost..

When I try to run the driver programs it tells me I have the wrong version of windows??
I installed Win10Pro error said WNT.10.OP-64 was the wrong version for WIFI
LAN just installs with app and says can't install manually.