Gigabyte Z77-UD5H Motherboard Bug Codes 15/32

Nov 21, 2018
Good Evening all,

I have an older system in my home that is used by my sister. She had been experiencing BSODs the last few days until today when the machine decided it no longer wanted to boot.

Quick Specs:
i7-3770K
Gigabyte Z77-UD5H
16GB Corsair Vengenance LPX 1600MHZ
Win 10 Pro
PSU - Older OCZ Stealthstream 2 600 watt

So originally, it was sitting on automatic repair for windows then it stopped booting in general and now it no longer posts to show Bios. I also see Bug Code 15 then 32 on the error display.

I have already removed the battery to reset CMOS and I tried each ram stick in each ram slot just to see if there was an obvious RAM issue. I don't believe it is a PSU issue, but I will be rebuilding another system tomorrow, I will connect its seasonic X650 power supply to it and see if I see anything different. I have also stripped the motherboard and all from the case and built it on a motherboard box to make sure there was no shorting or anything like that.

With that said, does anyone have any other ideas if the power supply checks out?

Thanks
Chris

Solution
Hello,

I was getting bugcheck code 53 with all ram sticks out. But I have determined the issue with the machine. It would appear that the main bios is corrupt. I thought I had switched to the secondary bios yesterday, but I must have only thought about this an never did it. I switch it this morning and posted. I once again tried all of the memory sticks in each slot and all seems to be working. I also went ahead and flashed the secondary bios to the most recent while keeping a back up of the original. Now I am not sure what in the world happened to the main bios, but nothing posts utilizing that chip, so I assume at this point it is dead.

I will give this all a shot and see how it goes.

Thanks
Nov 21, 2018
Hello,

I was getting bugcheck code 53 with all ram sticks out. But I have determined the issue with the machine. It would appear that the main bios is corrupt. I thought I had switched to the secondary bios yesterday, but I must have only thought about this an never did it. I switch it this morning and posted. I once again tried all of the memory sticks in each slot and all seems to be working. I also went ahead and flashed the secondary bios to the most recent while keeping a back up of the original. Now I am not sure what in the world happened to the main bios, but nothing posts utilizing that chip, so I assume at this point it is dead.

I will give this all a shot and see how it goes.

Thanks

Solution