Question Gigabyte z77x-ud3h A6/AB error code

biggielolol

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
All of a sudden after no changes to my computer, I am getting an error code when I boot up and my MOBO says either A6 but it could be AB its hard to tell.
My keyboard, mouse etc all light up fine and everything running internally is working but I get a no response black screen on my monitor.

I removed my video card and am using the onboard graphics and my computer works fine now, but when trying to reinsert my GTX 970 GPU the error comes back. Any suggestions?

Specs:

Gigabyte z77x-ud3h
Nvidia GTX 970
i5 3570k
Antec EW EA500
Windows 10

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. Cross reference Gigabyte's support site for your motherboard to verify if your BISO is on the latest version. If you have BIOS updates pending, don't jump to the latest, instead gradually work your way to the latest version. As for your OS, what version are you on? Have you tried dropping the GTX970 into a donor system to rule out your PSU being unable to deliver power to the entire computer(or worse a faulty PCIe slot)?

Reactions: xenthia

biggielolol

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. Cross reference Gigabyte's support site for your motherboard to verify if your BISO is on the latest version. If you have BIOS updates pending, don't jump to the latest, instead gradually work your way to the latest version. As for your OS, what version are you on? Have you tried dropping the GTX970 into a donor system to rule out your PSU being unable to deliver power to the entire computer(or worse a faulty PCIe slot)?

The PSU is pretty old, about 10 years roughly? Give or take, I will try the BIOS update you suggested and see how that goes.
My Windows 10 current verson is; 20H2.
I don't currently have a donor system nearby to test it unfortunately but I can look into it, I tested a different video card in my computer and I also tried a different PCIe slot and the problem still persists with both GPU's. Thanks alot for the reply

EDIT: I checked my BIOS and its currently up to date.

Last edited: