Question Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX - cheapest around

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Hey guys, I have finally settled on this board as it is the cheapest Z790 available that I can pair with my i7 13700k (I decided to go for 13700k rather than i5). Does anyone know about this board? Is it a bad board which is why it is relatively cheaper even than many z690 boards? It is costing me $180 in the local currently compared to the next best option which is Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX Z790 for $220.

I will not be overclocking the cpu. I will probably pair a liquid cooler and that will be it. Do motherboards matter that much in the end as long as the correct chipset is chosen? Can the bios really affect performance?

Lutfij

Titan
It is costing me $180 in the local currently compared to the next best option which is Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX Z790 for $220.
Where would this country be?

If you're not going to overclock the processor, you could drop down to a B series chipset. Z690 boards might cost more in some regions in order to help promote a latter generation of parts, or due to lack of support for the prior generation. They often times will cut prices to help drive sales of said product, move inventory off the shelves.

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
It is costing me $180 in the local currently compared to the next best option which is Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX Z790 for $220.
Where would this country be?

If you're not going to overclock the processor, you could drop down to a B series chipset. Z690 boards might cost more in some regions in order to help promote a latter generation of parts, or due to lack of support for the prior generation. They often times will cut prices to help drive sales of said product, move inventory off the shelves.

Everywhere I have read that B boards are not good for higher end 13th gen CPUs which is why I decided for a Z board. I am located in Switzerland and currently there is a 20% on this board as well as the Aorus Elite AX.