[SOLVED] Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX: Keyboard issue in BIOS ?

Feb 5, 2023
Hi guys,

I am currently facing issues with the keyboard in the bios. I can use the keyboard when bios is in easy mode but once I click on advanced mode keyboard doesn't respond anymore and I have to use my mouse. I am also facing similar issues when trying to log in to my ubuntu SSD. I can type the password but enter, backspace does not respond. When I boot to my windows SSD everything works fine.
I have tried many things without success:

• CMOS clear
  • Different USB port
  • Enable /disable legacy USB port
  • Install/unistall drivers (HID keyboard device)
  • Boot only with keyboard

Do you think I will just have to replace my keyboard or there is something else going on?
Thanks

Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX: F3K BIOS

Solution
Hi guys,

I am currently facing issues with the keyboard in the bios. I can use the keyboard when bios is in easy mode but once I click on advanced mode keyboard doesn't respond anymore and I have to use my mouse. I am also facing similar issues when trying to log in to my ubuntu SSD. I can type the password but enter, backspace does not respond. When I boot to my windows SSD everything works fine.

• CMOS clear
  • Different USB port

Do you think I will just have to replace my keyboard or there is something else going on?
Thanks

Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX: F3K...
Hi guys,

• CMOS clear
  • Different USB port

Thanks

Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX: F3K BIOS
Sounds like a keyboard issue do you have another you can just test with?

Reactions: visualizer
Solution