Gigabyte Z87 Build

Brent Sigman

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
I am building a new computer to replace my 680i SLI.

i7 4770
Z87 gigabyte Mobo
8x2 gigs DDR3 kingston hyper x 2600Mhz
Samsung 260 gig SSD (system)
Seagate 1TB SSDH (storage)
Seasonic 550W G Series power supply
4 LED 120MM fans + system fans with case
Nzxt Tempest Mid Airflow Tower.
Asus 2GB GDDR5

Lights come on, fans, HD, DVD, ect, but no POST and no beeps that I hear.

I have removed all connections, reconnected times 2, checked MOBO to be sure it isn't shorting out and all pins and screws are good.

I did notice the USB 3.0 on the mobo has only 19 pins and the connector seems to be for 20 but this might be normal.?

I plan to strip it to nothing again this evening and then try to boot with no ram, no hd, no nothing but CPU fan and MOBO plugged up. I suppose I will pull out the gcard also just to be on the safe side and use the mobo internal video. Is there anything else I can do, check or load without even a bios screen?

I have access to a laptop and another desktop to create disks, flash drives or whatever... This is my first build in years so I guess I am little behind times. Any information would be helpful as I have done what many other persons articles with this same problem were told to do with the exception of what I will do this evening.

On a side note, the first time I put a tad to much thermal paste on it ran over the sides and I cleaned up with qtips and rubbing alcohol but if I missed some could that alone cause this issue? I think that covers it all thanks again!

A hippie who thinks he is a techie!

Brent Sigman

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

I will take a look tonight when I pull it apart and repost tomorrow. Thanks

Brent Sigman

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

I am down to pulling the mobo out and placing on some cardboard to make sure it is not shorting out on the case somehow and take a look at the underside also.

This link was very helpful and had a couple of tips other suggestions for people with similar problems did not have.. I am pretty sure it is going to end up being a DOA MOBO and hope Amazon is good with this.

The only place the thermal paste overflowed was a bit off the edge of the card onto its outer lip so no issue there..

I saw no burnt out areas scratches or other damage to the top of the board.

One thing the front of this Case has two fan slots that connect through only the pressure by clipping in and one does not work could that be causing the short? Even though the fans are disconnected atm and shouldn't be an issue at all I would guess, I want to cover all my bases so I can give as detailed description as needed for my replacement.

I will post more as soon as I know, thanks.