Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 best fan control software?

Matto97

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I need to set my AIO cooler pump to a fixed RPM on its header (Sys_Fan 1) as it currently goes up and down like a fan by default but there is no way to do that in this boards bios, only preset profiles and pwm percentages in the fan section. Should I use app center's system information viewer or is there a better program that will actually save my settings after a Reboot? Thanks guys.

Preferably looking for a recommendation for a better software then SIV that will work with the Z97 series.

AIO coolers should have constant RPM, so either set that pin to PWM or connect it directly to the 12V. If your motherboard has "CPU fan" and "CPU Opt" (pretty sure the gaming 5 does), put the pump on the opt and make sure it's always at 100%

Matto97

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I how doi set the pin to pwm? In bios I have pwm percentages to choose from when I activate manual profile, is that it? Which one should I choose? They go 0.50, 1.00, 1.50 etc... Also I tried setting the sys fan header to full speed profile once and my pump started humming incredibly loud so I had to set it back to default profile. My CPU opt has problems with a fan plugged into it before as the fan plugged in wouldn't spin up until it reached a certain temp so I'm a bit worried about putting the pump on that header? My rad fans are currently in CPU fan on a y splitter.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS