News Gigabyte's B550 Vision D is a Fancy & Functional Jacket For Your AMD Ryzen CPU

g-unit1111

Titan
Only 4 SATA ports though? I would think that would be a deal breaker for content creators, since most require multiple HDs and SSDs for storing and accessing large files. And the price of high end M2 drives would almost certainly be a turn off as well.

Interesting design though. I can see a lot of offices not wanting flashy RGB for their rigs.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
depending on the price this is a fine board for people like me who are not interested in a windowed case. Even if you did want that, I appreciate how clean it is.
Likewise. The clean and minimalist look is certainly welcoming amidst a sea of boards that are black, grey and red with a whole bunch of bling on it.

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Only 4 SATA ports though? I would think that would be a deal breaker for content creators, since most require multiple HDs and SSDs ...
You find four SATA ports? I can only spot two...
I don't think that's a problem though:
  1. Use of external storage such as NAS and/or portable drives.
  2. Use of internal M.2 drives. Two on the mobo and if that's not enough more can be added using an expansion card in the lower PCIe slot.

For those that absolutely want a ton of HDDs inside their computer case there are other motherboards that fit their bill.

g-unit1111

Titan
You find four SATA ports? I can only spot two...
I don't think that's a problem though:
  1. Use of external storage such as NAS and/or portable drives.
  2. Use of internal M.2 drives. Two on the mobo and if that's not enough more can be added using an expansion card in the lower PCIe slot.
For those that absolutely want a ton of HDDs inside their computer case there are other motherboards that fit their bill.

There's two in the bottom right hand corner. It's a Gigabyte design thing. My Designare has the same thing, the SATA 0 and 1 ports are the ones in the bottom right hand corner.

Jun 12, 2020
I have seen this board and it is very nice. As far as the comment about only 4 sata ports...I create content and I would never use a slow SATA connection to extract or save work to. We have a 200tb nas / 10gb network.

Michelle