Gigabyte's New WaterForce Kit Makes Your PC Look Like Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefs

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
When questioned about the new product's name, Gigabyte responded:" It doesn’t matter. What matters is our pla… fan."

Is this another case of Gigabyte putting a great cooler on something and then locking out voltage control and low quality vrm's so you cant OC the damn things anyway? P.O.'d at gigabyte for that. Good coolers, crap boards.

I've read many reports that quad-SLI scales horribly and causes problems in many games. Triple-SLI doesn't seem to have any of those problems.

As for why this isn't offered in single- and dual-card packages, my guess is because those setups are easy to air cool. Triple cards tend to be much closer together and getting the breathing room to air cool is often difficult.

I guess for those who want quiet WC GPUs but don't want to build their own custom kit. I'm currently running two 780's hydro classifieds and will be upgrading to two 980 hydros once EVGA can stock them in decent numbers.

And seriously folks, the people who buy this sort of thing aren't tweakers, they would prefer if it all came factory OC'd and plug and play.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Why don't they all just share the same radiator instead of putting in more manufacturing dollars and splitting them up and making 3 brackets to hold each radiator in? That's just inefficient design right there. I could see this being a nice touch to something like the HAF stacker. (maybe a deal with Cooler Master to include it as an extra modular unit?) Although the case itself comes with a radiator box pretty much that can also be used as a drive farm or an extra ITX system.

Think The Dark Knight Rises Bane with the tubing on the mask.

HobbesG2

Reputable
May 12, 2014
You guys have it all wrong with what this system is all about. It's not made for gaming, its made for mining. It's made for overclocking the snot out of your multi GPU card system for mining coins. You dont care about CPU or RAM or anything like that. Only GPU processing power.

MaxxOmega

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I actually bought one of these. It's has put new life into my 8088 XT. All I need now is a new 5 1/4 inch floppy drive and I can REALLY multi-task...

Status
Not open for further replies.