Gigabyte's Radeon R9 290X WindForce Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
& in a best form as this will be excellent solution that will not cost much more then stock based ones.
It will probably be a best market solution!

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Am I the only one who dislikes the new I/O panel compared to the old one?

I always thought a single slot I/O with a full width vent was a cleaner look. I also am a big fan of miniDP and HDMI over DVI or DP.

Yes I do realize it has an HDMI out, I just with it had only that and 5 miniDP connectors for eyefinity 6 connectivity.

3ogdy

Distinguished
UPDATE:
There is also an R9-290 being prepared.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4884#ov
http://www.hardware.fr/news/13494/r9-290-290x-windforce-3x-gigabyte.html
"Ces cartes devraient arriver dans le commerce fin décembre / début janvier à un tarif non précisé."
"These cards should arrive at the end of December / beginning of January at unspecified prices"

@Hando567.
You are partially right but, I use Eyefinity with an active DP->DVI adapter and I don't see why I should get a new adapter with my new card when it actually does the exact same thing. I'm not saying there should be no cards with nothing but miniDP connections, but there DEFINITELY have to be cards with DVI+ full size DPs.

9-Ball

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Grrrrr ... no release date info? I have my trigger finger on a Titan (if the price doesn't put me off), a 780 Ti or one of these. I want the world ... I want the whole world ... etc.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Forget the Titan. It's super computing, not consumer computing. You'll be paying for precision calculations that are not used in the real world.

Some bitminers may invest in ASIC hardware, but many will still get a GCN AMD card especially if they want a practical gaming PC at the same time.

Bitmining will fail eventually anyway as it's basically a pyramid scheme. At some point the electricity cost alone will be more than any returns.

9-Ball

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010

Well, I'm looking at 3x 27" 1440p monitors for gaming - that 6GB VRAM is mighty attractive.

9-Ball

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010

It doesn't outperform it at 1440p with three 27" screens from the benches I've seen. The 6GB VRAM becomes more important. I was considering a single 780Ti but not for all 3 monitors. Am I wrong? Open to hearing why. My plan B is 2x 290x cards but I'm tired of waiting for non-ref cooler versions. Budget isn't too big a concern.

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Now the question is, is that a custom pcb, or did they just slap a wind force on a reference card to get it out in time for Christmas?(if they make it)

Status
Not open for further replies.