Gigabyte's Super Overclock GTX 470 Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansVonOhain

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Wow, look at those Mosfets. That is some regulation needed to keep this card running hot.

Now, this is the right card to getting use closer to the 'Can it fry eggs?' dream.

G

so really this is an article with pictures of a 470. because there have never been factory oced versions of gpus sold before. no specs, no details, no dates, nothing substantial except we know the pcb will be blue! gigabyte has never done that before!

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Did they mention the 480 being superclocked by EVGA? or is this card mentioned, because of the 12 power phases and some pictures? Is this superclocked as much as EVGA's superclock of the 480?

I doubt it'll be worth it... I'm kinda expecting 'Super Overclocked' to be at 40MHz o/c on the core/shaders at most, and I'm predicting they're going to charge a $20 or so price premium. Just like how a regular EVGA GTX 480 costs $499.99 on newegg, yet the EVGA GTX 480 SuperClocked costs $23 more at $522.99, for a 25MHz overclock. Although these Super Overclocked cards have more power phases, I think they are relatively pointless in the sense that it's far more likely extreme overclockers and people of the sort who would be able to make use of these extra phases would buy a GTX 480 instead, yet this is just the GTX 470. Hopefully it'll have a much better cooling system than nVidia's reference design cooler.

G

Less resources with higher clockspeed? Yay for somthing that sucks up power like a gtx480 and is probably gonna cost similar with the aftermarket cooler. Also,perform less. :|

philiprudd

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
This looks like a nice offering but the price is high!! When is the 40nm of TSMC gona be in good working i want to see a full blown fermi card that can do what its ment to do so overclocking these cards is not gona work for me with these prices.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]d-block[/nom]The blue board looks cool. Not much else to look at though..[/citation]

Yeah too bad we will never see it once they throw the cooling system on it that covers the whole board.

11"? Not even trying.
14881_large_Dual_GPU_Fermi.png

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Gigabyte makes great motherboards and this Video card looks sweet. They are just too pricy right now. Later down the road for me to move to DX11. My GTX 285 has plenty of life in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.