Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

G

I wanted to know..

Whats the fastest o/s for like games and music and overall everything? on a Athlon platform

I dont care about stability,
just want to know what offeres the best performance overall on a Athlon Platform.

Mp3 of the day-
A* Teens- Gimme Gimme Gimme

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Overall, I'd say Win98SE after booted up.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>I dont care about stability.

tbird, I know you have low standards but, come on man this is ridiculous.

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

G

What do u mean by low standards?

1 on 1 meltdown

i'll kick ur @SS

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

G

I've never understood why people are so concerned about dual or triple booting. Here's my setup:

1. Windows 98 SE (better than ME, but 2000 is more stable but slightly slower in games...)

2. Mandrake Linux 7 (this is Redhat with some nice extensions and Gnome)

3. BeOS 5 (I use this for playing videos).

I do whatever I can in Linux, but switch back to Win98 when I need to something unsupported, like play a DirectX game.

~ I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully ~

G

If you are into th games scene, I'd have to say win98se too. Win2K has issues with certain games depending on your machine. I use Win2K for office apps though, haven't crashed once yet, but I miss Counter-Strike.

--
Free us from these chains, let us slip these bonds and touch the sky with our imagination.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
hehe....

TBird, Win98SE or WinME is probably the best, because you said "games" in there. Anything else would be Linux. Unless of course you said something like Microsoft Office 2000.....

-----------------

All your RAMBUS are belong t............ ahh screw it

G

How old are u meltdown?

... just curious..

id say.. 17-19

G

i know griz

didnt think he knew u

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
how do you all know each other???? seems strange to me

<font color=blue>©2001 I'm a newbie...... thats the only excuse I need</font color=blue>

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
do all the computer geniuses live in the same apartments in california???

<font color=blue>©2001 I'm a newbie...... thats the only excuse I need</font color=blue>

G

LOL
yea

well we just know each other

why is that weird?

i know Viper, Spudmuffin
and some others

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, in fact even though California has most of developers, most of the high-end Users come from Michigan and surrounding areas (including southern Ontario, Griz)! IF you don't beleive me-go to The Screensavers or Call Fo Help on Tech TV and see where most of the callers come from, and listen to what kind of questions they ask.

Suicide is painless...........

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Really? I had no clue. Wow that's cool, maybe I should start selling more higher-end systems....

--------
Time is never time at all. You can never ever leave, without leaving a piece of you.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Only one problem there-two kinds of high-end customers make up the majority of high-end users-the do-it-yourselfers, and the price shoppers. The price shoppers will go out and buy a cheap P4 or high speed Athlon, and add a video card to it, the do it yourselfers buy online. I rarely see any high-end systems being sold from shops, but I frequently see them in shops for upgrades.

Suicide is painless...........

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well I am working on a webpage, unfotunately i can only ship to the rest of Canada by C.O.D. oh well. :smile:

--------
Time is never time at all. You can never ever leave, without leaving a piece of you.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Question, if they are high end users, why are they calling tech tv? Come on, the damn instore Walmart TV's play parts of Tech TV.

"You're just a heartless computer" <font color=red>"That is correct. What is the problem?" Z.O.E.</font color=red>