Give a group the right to reset user passwords..

I need to know how I can configure my PDC to allow
members of a group to reset user passwords ONLY. I do NOT
want to give this group account operator rights.

I'm pretty sure this can be done. I think it has
something to do with editing the registry to give the
choosed group write permissions to a particular key
(can't remmeber which one..!)

Any ideas?

Andrew

greenberet

Why not create a new user group and assign them permissions to only allow them to change passwords, but nothing else? Just remember that deny permissions take precedence over allow permissions, so be careful when you set it up!