Give me a freakin' break!

lamer_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
$399 for the Radeon 8500? Spare me! And the 7500? Sure it's cheaper, but it's missing a bunch of the features that I would buy a Radeon for in the first place. I want to upgrade my vid card, but come on! For 400 bucks the damn thing better be able to do my laundry, dishes, clean my house, and give me some nookie! What a load of crap! I think ATI should have released something that would compare to the 8500 in features, but maybe slower (or less memory), rather than a faster version of the Radeon (which is what the 7500 seems to be). I knew I'd be waiting a little while to let the bugs get worked out, benchmarks to be posted, etc., before making a final decision on what to upgrade to. Looks like I'll be waiting a while longer before upgrading...
I hope others here are right when saying the 8500 will debut at less than $399. If it lives up to expectations, I would like to have one.

My brain has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I truly doubt it will cost that much. I expect it to cost around $300 USD or ~$450 CDN (Canadian). It has to cost lower than the Geforce3 to compete with it because ATI isn't as popular among gamers as Nvidia.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor