[SOLVED] Give me advice on parts

May 30, 2020
So basically I want to change everything in my PC except PSU and GPU for now. I put together a parts list from my local PC part store. I'll put the pricing as it is my country

PARTS:
MSI Tomahawk MAX 111.30 euros
Ryzen 3300x 150.41 euros
Case corsair 275r airflow 69.50 euros
SEAGATE barracuda 2T 66.05 euros

And im not sure if i should go with 256GB nvme or 512GB ssd which one would be a better value.
I'm making this post to ask is this a good value or not, maybe you have some recommendations what can be switched out to make it better value for my money. I've been using my current PC for 5 years with only a GPU and PSU upgrade. Take that in consideration cause I'll probably wont upgrade for 5 next years as well.

Solution
I will never again build without a ssd for the "C" drive. It makes everything you do much quicker.
240gb is minimum, it will hold the os and a handful of games.

If you can go 500gb you may never need a hard drive.
With ssd prices down, even 1tb is reasonable.

You can defer on the hard drive unless you need to store large files such as video's.
It is easy to add a hard drive later.

As to units, nvme is faster sequentially, but costs more.
You would probably not notice the difference buying a sata drive if there is a big cost difference.
You could look into the intel 660P nvme ssd at perhaps 500gb for aa good deal.
I would stick with a major maker like intel or samsung for a ssd.
May 30, 2020
What are the psu and gpu? A 5 year old low-mid quality psu would be best changed before installing new parts. That may make the decision between 256GB and 512GB for you.
right now I have 550W corsair CX 80plus gold and the GPU is 1050ti asus, but i mainly play esport titles so its fine for now

I will never again build without a ssd for the "C" drive. It makes everything you do much quicker.
240gb is minimum, it will hold the os and a handful of games.

If you can go 500gb you may never need a hard drive.
With ssd prices down, even 1tb is reasonable.

You can defer on the hard drive unless you need to store large files such as video's.
It is easy to add a hard drive later.

As to units, nvme is faster sequentially, but costs more.
You would probably not notice the difference buying a sata drive if there is a big cost difference.
You could look into the intel 660P nvme ssd at perhaps 500gb for aa good deal.
I would stick with a major maker like intel or samsung for a ssd.

Reactions: RodroX
Solution