Give the Delete Button Some Text

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
In the Quote / Edit / Reply / Delete, the Delete button has no text. Now normally that might not be so bad, but for Windows users that little x box looks exactly like the close button in the upper-right corner of a window. So by giving it text to say Delete, people can't confuse it with Close. (As in, close this thread and go back to the forum.)

Come to think of it, that'd also be a handy button to have. Maybe we could just switch the [x] box's functionality to close the thread and create a garbage can icon with Delete text for deleting? Just a thought...

Err ... and either way, maybe changing the Delete button to be a garbage can instead of an x would be a good idea... Windows and Mac users are used to garbage cans. (Not sure about other OSs.)

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
In the Quote / Edit / Reply / Delete, the Delete button has no text. Now normally that might not be so bad, but for Windows users that little x box looks exactly like the close button in the upper-right corner of a window. So by giving it text to say Delete, people can't confuse it with Close. (As in, close this thread and go back to the forum.)

Come to think of it, that'd also be a handy button to have. Maybe we could just switch the [x] box's functionality to close the thread and create a garbage can icon with Delete text for deleting? Just a thought...

Err ... and either way, maybe changing the Delete button to be a garbage can instead of an x would be a good idea... Windows and Mac users are used to garbage cans. (Not sure about other OSs.)

Such 'x' is standard in phpbb world. I would venture that people are used to it, or at least can figure it out pretty quickly. :?

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah. I know. But with all of the advertising banners and such involved that can take a lot of scrolling in a non-maximized windows. An easier to find close would be nice. (Not critical, just nice.) I'm a lazy person at heart.

And I'm still a tad worried about newbies thinking that delete button is a close button. :lol:

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
It has a confirmation screen. If they click Yes, then they are too much of a newbie and not belonging to a 'super duper' forum(z) :lol: :lol: