Giving a bridged router a ipv4 and ipv6 address

Shrillcaleb153

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
I have my computer connected with my wifi hotspot on my phone, and my router plugged into my computer.. I bridged the connections so the router can be plugged into my computer and broadcast the internet connection from my hotspot.. the only thing is.. I cant figure out how to give it a ipv4 address or ipv6 address. .. the network shows up and devices can connect, but no internet.

Solution
So you bridged the wifi on your computer to the ethernet? First make sure you are using the LAN ports on the router to make things easier. You should be able to assign a IP to the lan on the router in the same range the hotspot gives out to the end devices. Using a computer as a bridge/router tends to be messy because microsoft seems to always have lots of secret settings you must find. It might be easier to just use a repeater in the long run.
So you bridged the wifi on your computer to the ethernet? First make sure you are using the LAN ports on the router to make things easier. You should be able to assign a IP to the lan on the router in the same range the hotspot gives out to the end devices. Using a computer as a bridge/router tends to be messy because microsoft seems to always have lots of secret settings you must find. It might be easier to just use a repeater in the long run.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS