Glary Utilities 5 scanned for Registry Cleaner issues, don't know what it did.

FromDvToZombies

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
So in short, I was recommended to download an application known as Glary Utilities by a computer magazine just the other day. When I used the program, I scanned for issues, without paying any attention to what was checked out on the side. After confirming that I wanted to fix all of the issues, I just realized that I had done something to 7 of the files in my registry. I don't know if I needed them or not. And I would like to know if I should re-download Windows 10 or let it be. I read a few articles telling me that I should not use registry cleaners. But I don't know if Glary Utilities cleaned by registry, or if it was looking for issues with the built-in registry software. I'm hoping for the latter, but I fear it is the first option.

What should I do? What are my options? Should I be worried at all? Do you have any personal experience with Glary Utilities, and its tools? And, as a side not, is this the correct place for this thread?

Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day!

Solution
Hi, I just downloaded Glary's Utilities on my test system to check it out and to see if I can figure out what it did to your system. While I don't know what you did, I clicked on 1-Click Maintenace and chose to Scan for issues. Registry cleaner was indeed checked. It said it found 73 problems in my registry. I clicked on Repair Problems and it did it's "repair".

image.jpg

I searched the program for a backup and after digging around I finally found out how to "undo" the 1-Click Maintenance. Click on Advanced Tools and under "System Status", choose "Undo changes". You can then click on the Backup and choose the Restore button.

image.jpg

I also don't recommend...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I just downloaded Glary's Utilities on my test system to check it out and to see if I can figure out what it did to your system. While I don't know what you did, I clicked on 1-Click Maintenace and chose to Scan for issues. Registry cleaner was indeed checked. It said it found 73 problems in my registry. I clicked on Repair Problems and it did it's "repair".

image.jpg

I searched the program for a backup and after digging around I finally found out how to "undo" the 1-Click Maintenance. Click on Advanced Tools and under "System Status", choose "Undo changes". You can then click on the Backup and choose the Restore button.

image.jpg

I also don't recommend doing registry cleans. You might gain 1/10,000th of a second on boot up speed after a registry clean. That's about it. And the potential for damage is great because these registry cleaners ocassionally get things wrong and delete important things.

So what should you do? You can choose the Restore option as I stated above, or just wait a few days to see if anything goes wrong. It's unlikely that things will go wrong. Don't uninstall the program just yet, because you may want to use it's restore features if things do go wrong.

Give it a few days and see what happens. It's likely your system will be just fine. There's no need to re-install Windows unless things go really wrong (unlikely). If everything is fine in a few days and you are still uncomfortable with the software, uninstall it and move on.

Yes, this is a Windows 10 issue so it's the correct place for this thread.

Solution

FromDvToZombies

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Yes, that was indeed, exactly what I did.

Thank you very much, gardenman! You may have just saved my ass. I contacted Microsoft about an hour ago, and I was just about to do a so-called "in-place update" for my Windows 10 system. Luckily you came along, and gave me the best solution for how to fix this issue.

Once again, thank you! I couldn't have done it without your help. Thumbs up/Kudos to you!

Have a wonderful day, once again! And take care.

TRENDING THREADS