Glider sim

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

ROB wrote:
> Rather hardcore glider sim. Soon out.
> http://www.condorsoaring.com
> regards
> ROB

Thank you for the link. Looks nice. In one video, wings can be seen to
flex under stress.

While I hope that the sim will indeed prove to be "hardcore" w.r.t.
flight and aerology modelling, I think that the fun factor of online
competition might attract a decent number of simmers. If done properly,
this could be one of those addictive easy-to-learn but hard-to-master games.

I also love the idea of soaring in Slovenia's skies. Beautiful country.

Regards,
Mr. Sylvestre (My default airport in FS2004 is LJU)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Why not just buy Pacific Fighters, take her up to 20k feet and kill the
engines and glide down???


"ROB" <robrog@poczta.fm> wrote in message
news:d3is4d$r44$1@opal.futuro.pl...
> Rather hardcore glider sim. Soon out.
>
> http://www.condorsoaring.com
>
> regards
> ROB
 

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1,573
0
19,780
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

For I said hardcore.

U¿ytkownik "Lil Rascal" <ert@nern.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
news:115rosbithudh9f@corp.supernews.com...
> Why not just buy Pacific Fighters, take her up to 20k feet and kill
> the
> engines and glide down???
>
>
> "ROB" <robrog@poczta.fm> wrote in message
> news:d3is4d$r44$1@opal.futuro.pl...
>> Rather hardcore glider sim. Soon out.
>>
>> http://www.condorsoaring.com
>>
>> regards
>> ROB
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:48:11 -0400, James Calivar <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
: Don't forget that there's also torpedo bombers missing.

But is there a game in the box? That's what I miss(ed) from beautiful
LOMAC. I'd do PF if I felt there was a good chance of a lengthy game
in the box, useless torp bombers or no. Dive bombers won the pacific
anyway didn't they? :(
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:27:30 GMT, hgoldste@mpcs.com (Howard Goldstein)
wrote:


>But is there a game in the box? That's what I miss(ed) from beautiful
>LOMAC. I'd do PF if I felt there was a good chance of a lengthy game
>in the box, useless torp bombers or no. Dive bombers won the pacific
>anyway didn't they? :(

No, the atomic bomb did. Two to be exact.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"Howard Goldstein" <hgoldste@mpcs.com> wrote in message
news:1113524850.45740@news.queue.to...
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:48:11 -0400, James Calivar
<amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> : Don't forget that there's also torpedo bombers missing.
>
> But is there a game in the box? That's what I miss(ed) from beautiful
> LOMAC. I'd do PF if I felt there was a good chance of a lengthy game
> in the box, useless torp bombers or no. Dive bombers won the pacific
> anyway didn't they? :(
>

As has been discussed ad nauseum on this and other forums, PF by itself is
weak. But add it to IL2-Forgoitten Battles with the Aces Expansion Pack
(IL2-FB/AEP + PF), couple it with DCG, and you've got a huge selection of
planes, maps, missions, campaigns and theaters to pick from. There's easily
3 years' worth of gaming in there and that includes playing daily.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:25:27 -0700, Aldwyn Edain <ae@invalid.email> wrote:
: On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:27:30 GMT, hgoldste@mpcs.com (Howard Goldstein)
: wrote:
:
:
: >But is there a game in the box? That's what I miss(ed) from beautiful
: >LOMAC. I'd do PF if I felt there was a good chance of a lengthy game
: >in the box, useless torp bombers or no. Dive bombers won the pacific
: >anyway didn't they? :(
:
: No, the atomic bomb did. Two to be exact.

Atomic bombs are modelled in PF?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:40:21 GMT, hgoldste@mpcs.com (Howard Goldstein)
wrote:


>Atomic bombs are modelled in PF?

No, because PF's doesn't really model the Pacific War. It's just a
dog fighting sim set in the pacific of WWII.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:00:47 -0400, James Calivar <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
: "Howard Goldstein" <hgoldste@mpcs.com> wrote in message
: news:1113524850.45740@news.queue.to...
: > On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:48:11 -0400, James Calivar
: <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
: > : Don't forget that there's also torpedo bombers missing.
: >
: > But is there a game in the box? That's what I miss(ed) from beautiful
: > LOMAC. I'd do PF if I felt there was a good chance of a lengthy game
: > in the box, useless torp bombers or no. Dive bombers won the pacific
: > anyway didn't they? :(
: >
:
: As has been discussed ad nauseum on this and other forums, PF by itself is
: weak. But add it to IL2-Forgoitten Battles with the Aces Expansion Pack
: (IL2-FB/AEP + PF), couple it with DCG, and you've got a huge selection of
: planes, maps, missions, campaigns and theaters to pick from. There's easily
: 3 years' worth of gaming in there and that includes playing daily.

Confession: I'm too lazy to try to cobble these addons and others from
my original version of IL2. Is there a "gold" edition with everything
included in one box?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"Howard Goldstein" <hgoldste@mpcs.com> wrote in message
news:1113597791.47429@news.queue.to...
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:00:47 -0400, James Calivar
> <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> : "Howard Goldstein" <hgoldste@mpcs.com> wrote in message
> : news:1113524850.45740@news.queue.to...
> : > On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:48:11 -0400, James Calivar
> : <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> : > : Don't forget that there's also torpedo bombers missing.
> : >
> : > But is there a game in the box? That's what I miss(ed) from beautiful
> : > LOMAC. I'd do PF if I felt there was a good chance of a lengthy game
> : > in the box, useless torp bombers or no. Dive bombers won the pacific
> : > anyway didn't they? :(
> : >
> :
> : As has been discussed ad nauseum on this and other forums, PF by itself
> is
> : weak. But add it to IL2-Forgoitten Battles with the Aces Expansion
> Pack
> : (IL2-FB/AEP + PF), couple it with DCG, and you've got a huge selection
> of
> : planes, maps, missions, campaigns and theaters to pick from. There's
> easily
> : 3 years' worth of gaming in there and that includes playing daily.
>
> Confession: I'm too lazy to try to cobble these addons and others from
> my original version of IL2. Is there a "gold" edition with everything
> included in one box?

The "Gold" Edition of IL2-FB includes Aces Expansion Pack. It does not
include Pacific Fighters. $29.99 for the Gold Edition, $39.99 (or probably
less by now) for PF.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:19:33 GMT, "James Calivar"
<amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:


>Boo hoo, Poor Aldwyn - can't find anyone to listen to his torpedo rants
>anymore, so he takes to cutting down anyone who actually plays IL2.
>
>Big deal.
>

DIVE BOMBERS ARE FOR PUSSIES!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"Aldwyn Edain" <ae@invalid.email> wrote in message
news:9p1361tk8rrh34efr37s8uhmrqg67gtu6n@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:19:33 GMT, "James Calivar"
> <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>
>>Boo hoo, Poor Aldwyn - can't find anyone to listen to his torpedo rants
>>anymore, so he takes to cutting down anyone who actually plays IL2.

I must admit I never bought Pacific Fighters becuase I didnt really like IL2
or Forgotten Battles - not enough immersion for me. But if I had and
subsequently found out that it didnt include torpedo planes I would have
took it bcak to the shop for a refund. I suggest you sell the game on. I
think people are right to complain if the game they buy doesnt live up to a
minimum expected standard. Not having torpedo planes in a Pacific flight
simulation is pretty damn bad game design IMO. The only way to show the
developers that you dont like what they have done is either to take back the
game or to make damn sure other people dont buy it unless they know what to
expect.

We live in a democracy.

Nats