glitch? big icons? startup problem???

sera10

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
i dont even know what to call this problem. basically I just recently reset my Dell pc, but I don't think that has anything to do with it since I do recall having this issue once before but it randomly went away so I didn't worry about it. so now ive reset me whole pc like 3 days ago and this morning I opened it and waited for it to start up, the usual, and then I opened up chrome and then BOOM everything went black. then my cursor popped on the screen and it was larger than usual and then it showed my log on page. so I logged back into my pc and everything was large like the icons and taskbar. so I restarted my pc and it took a while longer than usual and then I log in and the screen was allg but before I could even do anything the screen went black again and then this little glitch type looking thing appeared on the screen like green and gray and its just sitting there on the left of my task bar looking all annoying and stuff and I don't know what to do...... please help me flick this glitch thing away I don't like it.

Solution

It will prevent other bugs from happening in the future.

cTigon

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
Awkward. Try resrtting your iconcache. Make sure to uncheck hide hidden files in folder options first.

Then press r + windows key and type %appdata% then press enter.

Go to local and scroll to the bottom until you see iconcache file. Delete it.

Then open taak manager and find Windows Explorer, then click restart.

It should fix any glitches or bugs regarding icons.

sera10

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
thankyou, but everything is still very big, like the cursor and taskbar and icons. I don't think its an icon issue, I did as you instructed and ill see if it fixed anything when I restart, since it only happens when I shut down and then open it again. I know I can go to screen resolution and change the sizing from there, but this always happens and I don't want it to keep happening. the glitch is gone, I haven't restarted I just put it on sleep and when I re opened the glitch thing was gone but I did what you told me anyways and I hope it helped

cTigon

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

It will prevent other bugs from happening in the future.

Solution