Question glitches in OS and drivers for Pro Audio

agenda1

Honorable
Jul 15, 2014
Hi, I recently upgraded my system hard drive. Once I reinstalled my OS and Graphic card I ran the program latencyMon which lets you know if your system is running good for recording audio. I had a couple problems with the results. It said there was sys and a kernal that were sucking my ram too much. The 2 culprits were DirectXgraphic kernel and USB port.sys for 1.1-2.0 ports. How would I go about taming these 2 problems? It's a bit above me. Thanks in advance for any advice.
T

Lutfij

Titan
You could try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You might also want to see if reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers helps change the issue you're seeing.

Just to be sure, you did a storage upgrade? What are the rest of the specs to your build?
List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

agenda1

Honorable
Jul 15, 2014
You could try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You might also want to see if reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers helps change the issue you're seeing.

Just to be sure, you did a storage upgrade? What are the rest of the specs to your build?
List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

CPU - I7 -377ok 4 core 3.50ghs
motherboard Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H ivy bridge
RAM- 16GB EVO Veloce 17000 pc2133
vid - MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650ti
HD - Samsung V-Nand SSD 1TB
Chassis - ANTEC
power - thermotake TR2 600600 watt
OS- Win 7 service pack 1
I also tried to do the latest update on the OS because I am upgrading to Win 10, but it kept upgrading something that caused a problem with my memory and prevented a good boot. THANKS for your help! I tried re-installing the USB drivers, but that didn't help.
The HD that I upgraded from was a Samsung 840 PRO series SSD 128GB. The drive couldn't handle all the programs and plug-ins. I am using Presonus Studio one v4.5, Sony SoundForge pro ver 11, EZdrummer 2, EZ keys, Focusrite plugins, Focusrite A/D D/A audio (saffire 56) firewire. I also run Sony Vegas pro 12. The plugins and virtual instruments are many.