Question Glitching/freezing keyboard - inputs "hang"

Aug 24, 2019
OK I am at my wits end. I must be if I'm actually making a thread about this. I have scoured the internet looking for a solution, and while I've found numerous others describing similar problems (even on MS's own help forums), every single thread ends with a suggestion from someone, and the OP stating it didn't work.

So here I am having tried every solution, every semi-related youtube vid, every blog post I've come across, to no avail.
---------------
I put together a system (msi b450 pro carbon ac, ryzen 3600x, nothing overclocked) recently and I'm now on Win10 (1903). I'm using the same wired keyboard, a rosewill mechanical back-lit, I'd been using with the last system (8.1) and never had any problems.

Heres the trouble: randomly, a keyboard key press or input will be interpreted as having been held down for 0.5-3 seconds. It can be while playing a game, it can be whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile typing (like right there, case in point), or even while just pressing left and right direction keys looking through photos.

-This glitch can occur frequently or rarely, though it does seem tied to how much (memory or CPU oomph, not sure) is being used. I have 32gb though, so I'm rarely more than half way to my limit.
-My keyboard as mentioned is back lit, and has multiple levels of brightness, and I have it on its lowest level. When this glitch occurrs, the briggggggggggggggggghtness flashes to max for a fraction of a second. If I happen to be pressing a key, whatever key it was will be "held" down even though I'm not physically holding it.
-Because of the back lighting blinking or flashing brighter when this happens, I can actually observe this glitch occurring even when I'm not touching the keyboard. Just sitting in front of my computer & keyboard, I can see it blink from time to time.
-If my system has been on for a while and I have a number of tabs open with memory-heavy things (like youtube videos or sites loaded with animated/rotating ads) I can sit and watch my keyboard blink every 10-15 seconds reliably, at random intervals. If I have just reset my system, this blinking will happen only once in a great while.

Its because of this last point I believe the issue to be rooted in as a USB issue. Something is making my USBs reset, reload, recheck or something periodically.

Things Ive tried:
-Other keyboards
-Plugging keyboard into all different available USB ports
-Disabling (in device manager) HID-compliant device/consumer control device options that don't appear to do anything for me
-Uninstalling/reinstalling (in device manager) HID Keyboard
-Updating drivers, various combinations of uninstalling and rebooting with or without reinstalling beforehand
-Fiddling with USB options in the BIOS

Things I've not tried:
-Reinstalling windows. Please god don't make me do this.

The last little piece I will mention is that my mouse (also wired) does not seem to be affected by this issue, thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhough (woo that was a long one) I'm not sure its not actually, I just haven't had it be a problem in any noticeable way, unlike the keyboard locking up.

Anyone have a clue?

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, might want to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You did install(not reinstall) your OS using the bootable installer after creating it with Windows Media Creation Tools, right, to get to 1903? Latest BIOS for your motherboard? If the issue is with other boards, then it's highly likely that the chipset drivers might need an uninstall/reinstall.

Aug 24, 2019
For the sake of relevance, might want to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

CPU: Ryzen 3600x
Motherboard: b450 pro carbon ac
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
SSD/HDD: Crucial 960GB SATA III (SSD)
GPU: Radeon RX 5700
PSU: SeaSonic 620w modular
Chassis: NZXT H230 White ATX Mid Tower

You did install(not reinstall) your OS using the bootable installer after creating it with Windows Media Creation Tools, right, to get to 1903? Latest BIOS for your motherboard? If the issue is with other boards, then it's highly likely that the chipset drivers might need an uninstall/reinstall.
Install, not reinstall, with the WMC tool, straight to 1903, correct. And yes, latest BIOS (had to, ryzen 3s wont work with factory setting, had to be flashed). I have no come across anyone mentioning this issue in relation to this motherboard. (Possible confusion, I meant other message boards when I mentioned I'd seen other people talking about this issue)