Question Glitchy Gigabyte BIOS screen on first boot

Dec 16, 2019
I recently finished building my first PC, and on boot the screen showing up was a very glitchy screen as image shows . I was able to install Windows through bootable media, and everything but BIOS seems to work fine. I do need to update the bios of my Gigabyte B450M Gaming with the Athlon 200GE I got in order to use my Ryzen 5 3600. The current version per dxdiag is F1. But my sistem does not have a CD/DVD boot and I can't access my current bios, since on restart the screen is glitchy as in image or some variations until it gets to windows.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
I recently finished building my first PC, and on boot the screen showing up was a very glitchy screen as image shows . I was able to install Windows through bootable media, and everything but BIOS seems to work fine. I do need to update the bios of my Gigabyte B450M Gaming with the Athlon 200GE I got in order to use my Ryzen 5 3600. The current version per dxdiag is F1. But my sistem does not have a CD/DVD boot and I can't access my current bios, since on restart the screen is glitchy as in image or some variations until it gets to windows.
I got this type of problem yesterday only and I fixed it by changing the ports of my storage devices.

I suggest do the following:

Update the Chipset Drivers to 18.50.16.01 or later version before updating the BIOS.

Make a Window 98 boot disk with the HP Disk Storage Format Tool or use Rufus to make a USB flash drive DOS boot disk. Boot up to DOS.

Update BIOS to F32 using method in this guide. Substitute your model info in the guide.
https://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.msg89013.html#msg89013

Reboot the PC and update BIOS to F40 using same procedure. You are then ready to use the new CPU.