[SOLVED] Glitchy screen after flashing GPU

washingm088

Reputable
Jun 23, 2018
Hello! I just flashed my gpu’s BIOS with a bios version on Tech Powerup, and after doing so, my screen is all distorted and glitchy. This is the first time i’ve encountered this, not sure if the gpu is done for, or if there’s a way to fix this, thank you! GPU is a Radeon XFX RX 480 4Gb

washingm088

Reputable
Jun 23, 2018
Hi!
Mmm, try to reinstall the GPU driver.
After that, turn your PC off, disconnect from the power supply up for about 30-40 sec.
If the problem still persist -> roll back to the original BiOS version (check the manufacturer page)
Have you bought GPU as brand new from the shop, or as used from the marketplace (hands)?

Hello, I bought the gpu used, but sadly the person who sold it to me failed to say it was used for mining, and that the drivers wouldn’t install. I found a pretty good fix, but it wasn’t a permanent fix, So when i was doing maintenance on my pc, i guess it reverted itself sadly

washingm088

Reputable
Jun 23, 2018
What is the reason you flashed the BIOS on your GPU?

Did you have any issues before doing it?
the gpu was refusing to install drivers because without my knowledge it had been used for crypto mining, so in hopes of fixing that I decided to flash it, i had found a temporary solution but i guess something went wrong this time

washingm088

Reputable
Jun 23, 2018
That's what I had suspected a little way down the line, I felt like I was preserving a dead body trying to keep that thing alive lol, just glad it lasted me this long. I may just try to find a new gpu amidst this shortage, but it's worth a shot, thank you so much!

TRENDING THREADS