Global Tablet Shipments to Best Notebooks in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddo

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
PCs are increasingly being perceived as work tools, tablets as leisure time goodies.
W8 tries to blurry the line, but all it gets is making the user experience bad for work (where bad means not better for most users than its predecessor W7), as MS deluded himself to not have serious competitors in this market.
This is a great chance for Apple and Google to deploy good office suites / online services and cut off the roots sustaining Microsoft.
I expect bad times for MS in those 3 years - the time span of typical MS volume agreements.

Promit Ghosh

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
I'm going to have to disagree. Windows 8 made a lot of under-the-hood changes, and there are programs for making windows 8 look at feel like windows 7 with the exception of considerably faster performance.

I myself enjoy windows 8; it allows me to "tile" and compile games right on the start menu so that they're all very easy access, and it allows windows itself to have a really clean look without icons on the desktop or pinned items on the taskbar, which I really like.

It comes down to personal preference; windows 8 was very easy for me to figure out, but this may not always be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.