News GlobalFoundries Confidentially Files for Initial Public Offering

Investor: what products will you be releasing in the future?
GloFo: 12nm, 12nm and umm 12nm
You say that jokingly, but you'd be surprised just how many industries still use 45nm+ process nodes for all their chips. If GloFo can make the 12nm really cheap and sell it like hotcakes, then they'll have a lot of money in their hands.

As I suspected, the news about Intel trying to buy them out was to increase their IPO. There's also a bit of a political stuff behind the scenes, like it or not, but for the most part, I think this should go well for them. Not that they can actually improve the ASML situation.

Regards.

Tom Sunday

Reputable
Jul 24, 2020
I worked for Mubadala in Abu Dhabi in their real estate investment business. Yes the Crown Prince also being the President of the UAE owns Mubadala. To be sure Mubadala is a pure investment company. They do not themselves want to operate any businesses but usually stay at arms length. I believe that Mubadala will keep GlobalFoundries in one way or another and particularly in how hot the market is for products such as these. But going for a IPO that will be interesting to say the least.

Tom Sunday

Reputable
Jul 24, 2020
Good observation! I loved Ramadan. It added about 30-days of downtime to our company. Most senior execs only worked half-days if at all. So essentially Ramadan added another 14-days off for me besides my regular 30-days vacation. Your question: I don't think that the chips will be manufactured in the UAE.

Good observation! I loved Ramadan. It added about 30-days of downtime to our company. Most senior execs only worked half-days if at all. So essentially Ramadan added another 14-days off for me besides my regular 30-days vacation. Your question: I don't think that the chips will be manufactured in the UAE.

For God's sake - no. Even if UAE have plenty of sand around, their work ethics make me doubt about what and when they till make.