News GlobalFoundries Lands $3.1 Billion 10-Year U.S. Government Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
Thats a big win for GF. The abandoned leading edge nods but what they do produce is really high quality. In Albany NY we have a decent military base. So it makes sense to use GF about 35 minutes north of Albany.

Tom Sunday

Reputable
Jul 24, 2020
It was good to see GlobalFoundries getting the contract! They are also with their Fab in Dresden (Germany) the largest semiconductor manufacturer in Europe. I worked for Mubadala in Abu Dhabi and spend 14-years as an expat in the UAE including nearby Dubai! Mubadala is owned by Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed, the current ruler of Abu Dhabi and President of the United Arab Emirates and chairman of the company. Sheik Mohamed also owns among other things the ‘Global Foundries’ with 14,000 employee’s now manufacturing chips for approximately 7-percent of the semiconductor industry. I hope that we will stay friendly with the UAE

Co BIY

Splendid
I was going to comment on the irony that GF is trusted with being at the cutting edge of the "arsenal of democracy" given their ownership but Tom Sunday's comment above pretty much covers it.

Reactions: gg83
Status
Not open for further replies.