News GlobalWafers Schedules $5 Billion Texas Plant Ground-breaking for November

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
I hope the Texas grid can handle all these new tech buildings. They should come to New York, we have an excellent electrical grid and it's not too expensive.

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I hope the Texas grid can handle all these new tech buildings. They should come to New York, we have an excellent electrical grid and it's not too expensive.

Ugh, New York is experiencing a crime wave due to bad policies. Only Texas could provide a business-friendly environment for this to happen. And if you are doubting me, just look at all of the companies moving there!

2+2

Prominent
May 11, 2022
All these announcements of new fabs
being built outside of Asia.

Globalists are afraid of China taking Taiwan.

Too bad it is going to take 5 years to build them
and China will make their move before then.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
All these announcements of new fabs
being built outside of Asia.

Globalists are afraid of China taking Taiwan.

Too bad it is going to take 5 years to build them
and China will make their move before then.

Oh please. People like to pretend the world will collapse without TSMC. They aren't that far in the lead. It's not like they have some alien-level technology unknown to the rest of the industry.

Consider this, Intel had to basically stand still for 12 years for TSMC to finally catch up in technology. Now they're back on the gas.

2+2

Prominent
May 11, 2022
Oh please. People like to pretend the world will collapse without TSMC. They aren't that far in the lead. It's not like they have some alien-level technology unknown to the rest of the industry.

Consider this, Intel had to basically stand still for 12 years for TSMC to finally catch up in technology. Now they're back on the gas.
Oh please,
People like to pretend China doesn't want to rule the world.
People like to pretend China won't take Taiwan.
People like to pretend China won't stab the nations/companies
that built them in the back.
People like to pretend China needs the West for customers.
People like to pretend China won't do something that hurts their economy,
if it hurts the West more and puts them on top in the end.
People like to believe China isn't changing alliances, RUSSIA.

People like to believe Taiwan is not of utmost importance to the West.
Maybe you don't care if Apple, AMD, Nvidia can't sell stuff.
Maybe you don't care if America's stock market collapses.
Sorry your advanced "alien-level" technology comment does not make an argument. Whereas billions being spent on fabs outside of Asia,
PROVES MY POINT.

D

Deleted member 14196

It’s OK that it’s going to take some time we know that there’s no magic in building a fab. Still it is a good idea. You can’t have all of your eggs in one basket and survive when bad things happen.