globel GP messed up

A volunteer did something to a group policy which he does not remember on
which server, Now I can not access my mail server. I disjoint this server
from the domain and tried to join it and it says access denied. What do you
think the problem is? I can access the server with the local admin password.

I am using 2000 sp4.

Thanks,

Have you tried deleting the computer account first before rejoining it to
the domain? Give that a try. It will be useful to review the netsetup.log
file for errors. This will show what steps are being performed in the
background when you get the error. Post errors from the log in the group.

--
Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
Windows 2000 Directory Services

from your issue.

"Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> A volunteer did something to a group policy which he does not remember on
> which server, Now I can not access my mail server. I disjoint this server
> from the domain and tried to join it and it says access denied. What do
you
> think the problem is? I can access the server with the local admin
password.

> I am using 2000 sp4.
>
> Thanks,

I end up calling Microsoft for help. There were some registry keys that had
to be changed. There were allot of mess to cleanup. Thanks for the help.