Glorious Extravagance: Thermaltake's Core X9 Snow Edition Modular Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
HAhahaa so many useless fans, don't they understand that when you give more cfm to a case you also send more dust in? So you have to clean your PC way more often?
I would prefer a pro CASE where you can ENTOMB an entire PC on proper anti-electric etc high quality liquid, like the one NASA uses (and its not super expensive)

Ultra silent, ultra cool pc case it would be.. BUT NO! , just fill up 20 120mm fans with lights..

hobbsmeerkat

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Looks like TT is attempting to take on CaseLabs, the Mercury S8 and S8S models especially. And this looks like a case with the sole intention of extreme water cooling.

Its not a bad looking case to boot, but i don't care for the front, I'd definitely look to hide or cover it in some way.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Helloooooooooooo dust magnet
you guys who get dirty pc's just dont know how to install your fans right.

If you create positive pressure inside the case, you will have virtually 0 dust.

That means put all fans pushing air inside the case.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I LOVE it. Too bad I already have a freaking sweet case. It reminds me of a Lain Li case a decade ago. The reason I love it is you can mount the motherboard flat instead of on the side. This will benefit some types of CPU and CPU coolers. The problem is there is a heat source right underneath the mobo which could cause overall ambient temperatures to be higher as the mobo acts as a roof.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Looks neat - definitely an option for people looking at the uber-pricey Case Labs or Mountain Mods cases. This one at that price point is a bit of steal in my opinion.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Like hobbsmeerkat said, its a cheap version of the CL Mercury S8: the modularity, WC support, even the holes and drop in rad mounts. With a large scale case manufacturer, like TT, this gives more support to what CL is trying to accomplish in the PC case industry.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
There is not enough fans for that case... it sucks.

Its not a good lucking or logical case design.

I was glad to get past the OLD DAYS of 4-6 NOISY fans... and just run a single large fan. MY DVR box is louder than my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.