Question Glowing text (aura/corona effect) on SCEPTER E255B-1658A

Sep 10, 2020
Hi,

Yesterday my Scepter E255B-1658A with 165hz refresh rate came and I couldn't be happier. I already knew that color wise it wouldn't be mind blowing, but i was just watching for high refresh and quick response time.

Anyway, I saw that the configuration for this monitor is underwhelming. Don't get my wrong, it has the bare minimum options, but for some things you can't really select the % you really like. And here is where my problem comes.

The sharpening can be adjusted at 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. Nothing more, nothing less. The problem is that, at 50% it looks too blurry for my liking, but at 75% some text starts having a corona effect, and in certain grey backgrounds white text suddenly gain an outline or shadow effect. It's kinda annoying in some games that have a lot of text. The effect also appears on other things (like the topbar of google chrome) but is less noticeable there.

I am using DP. I tried changing to HDMI but the monitor looked the same. Changing constrat and pretty much every option does nothing really. I think that the only solution I have is to find a way to reduce the sharpening effect but not at the point to having it at 50%, if that is even possible.

YBabEES.png
FRUEfFC.png

What should I do? Do you know a way to change the sharpening to, lets say, 60%?

Thank you.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Have you contacted the company who make them?
And the seller?
What have they said?

What is your PC specs?

Can you provide a link to your monitor?

Have you tried another cable?
What port on the GPU and monitor are you using?