Question Gmail is driving me crazy

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
Google is monopolixing the computers. I've had their gmail for years and only recently have been getting the sign on box whenever i want to read all my emails, AOL including. I enter the correct password and it keeps telling me its not right. Eventually, i go to the verification code mode, enter the number they give and able to read my mail..fine. An hour or so later, or the next day, again it keeps asking me for my password, and again if i want to get access to my gmails, i have to go through that scene over again. I create a new password..fine. Again, time later when entering my email client wheater its thunderbird or gmail.com itself, it would not recognize my recent, created password. This naturally screws up each time i use my phone. I am greeted there too, with the same consequences. I can't find a way to get out of this quagmire. Do i have to have Google at all for my pc, and/or my phone? They make it hard to get the proper support and if you do get someone, its usually an outsource and you know what happens there..."Lost in Translation">

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
Hi Novel8, well that sounds annoying.
Do you think your email might have been hacked?
If someone else has access to your gmail account and is resetting the password, but not the phone that might account for the above.
Do you have any sensitive stuff linked with that email - worth considering now that it might be compromised.

You don't have to stick with Google for your phone and or email - you could use a different email service and swap to e.g. apple, but i wouldn't abandon a compromised email account, that could cause you some problems.

Close the email account if you don't intend to use it.

Maybe it's time to contact google for some help with this.

Good luck.

Google does this to me as well when I try to sign into my work email from home or home email from a different device. It seems to me that Google wants your phone linked with your email for easier tracking um I mean verification.

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
Google does this to me as well when I try to sign into my work email from home or home email from a different device. It seems to me that Google wants your phone linked with your email for easier tracking um I mean verification.
Hi Novel8, I would encourage you to assume your email is compromised until proven otherwise.
If it's nothing more threatening than Google trying to track you it's your lucky day.
All the best.

TRENDING THREADS