Question Go to wipe my PC and it freezes everytime.

IrishNightSlayer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2021
I have tried wiping my PC from the settings and whenever I do that I get a blue screen saying "Your stystem ran into some issues and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Then it just sits there doing nothing. I also tried updating my windows drivers and whenever I restart to do that, my pc will freeze and has to be hard restarted. I also tried wiping it by pressing shift and restart then selecting reset PC. And it will sit on the screen that say ASROCK with a loading bar and PLEASE WAIT. I have let that sit overnight and it stayed frozen in the exact same place. I am unsure of what to do, could you guys help me. Thanks! Also my GPU: GeForce GTX 1080, CPU: i7-7700k, Motherboard: ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac, HDD (D:): TOSHIBA DTO1ACA200, SSD (E:): KingFast, SSD (C:): KINGSTON SUB400S37240G.

IrishNightSlayer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2021
Define "wipe".

How, exactly are you doing this?
And why?
The first time I would go into settings, update & security, Recovery, then press get started under reset this PC. The second time I did it I held shift and pressed restart. Then once a menu showed up a pressed troubleshoot, reset this pc, and remove everything. I am doing this because I had gotten it from someone else and never did. Also my VR headset has been having a ton of issues that just now started happening. So I am trying to wipe it to clean it but to also see if it helps my headset.

USAFRet

Titan
The first time I would go into settings, update & security, Recovery, then press get started under reset this PC. The second time I did it I held shift and pressed restart. Then once a menu showed up a pressed troubleshoot, reset this pc, and remove everything. I am doing this because I had gotten it from someone else and never did. Also my VR headset has been having a ton of issues that just now started happening. So I am trying to wipe it to clean it but to also see if it helps my headset.
This is a used system?
You need to do a full wipe and reinstall, not just a simple "reset".
Not the same thing.

IrishNightSlayer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2021
This is a used system?
Not the same thing.

Yes this a used system. I will try this and get back to you. Thanks.

IrishNightSlayer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2021
This is a used system?
Not the same thing.

Been a long time but my PC gave me a crap ton of issues and after doing a full wipe and reinstall, it did not work. Every time I try to update or restart my pc it gives me a blue screen saying my PC has ran into some issues and windows will restart it for me. Which it never does, the percent doesn't ever change from 0%. And in the wipe I also removed my main hard drive and installed windows on a whole different hard drive, as that is what I thought could also be the issue.