Question God of War keeps crashing on my PC ?

Chrisxtian

Honorable
Nov 16, 2016
God of War keeps crashing after X hours of playing it. I don't know what is triggering it since there was no error code after the game crashed. Game settings are set on high with DLSS on, I don't think this matters but if lowering it can prevent game crashes I'll give it a try. Below are my specs and solutions I tried to fix the crashes.

This is my PC specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus Rog Strix X570-F Gaming
  • ASUS TUF 3080 10 GB
  • 32GB (Dual) DDR4 3200 G.Skill Ripjaws V Cl6
  • 4TB Seagate Baracuda 256mb 5400rpm
  • Samsung 980 M.2 500GB
  • Seasonic Prime Gold 850 Watts 80+
  • CM Cooler Master ML240L RGB V2 Liquid AIO CPU cooler 240mm
  • Phanteks Eclipse P500a
  • Windows 10
  • Rog Strix XG279Q
  • Ages of parts:
    • Bought on (10/17/2021)
      • CPU, MB, AIO, RAM, PSU, M.2., HDD, Case, and Monitor
    • Bought on (9/01/2022)
      • GPU
Here are the solutions I've tried so far:
  • Reinstall the game
  • Verified the game files through Steam
  • Disabled Steam Overlay
  • Set the game as High Performance at Windows Graphic Settings
  • DDU
  • Windows Memory Diagnostic
  • cmd DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
  • cmd chkdsk /r
  • Fix the registry using CCleaner
Whenever the game crashes, I'll check Event Viewer and its mostly Event 1000 or 1001 ID. I would sometimes get BSOD but I can't get the error code because the BSOD would be under the game. I'm enjoying the game so If anyone could help me with the crashes that would be great.

*Edit: Added a detailed list of specs

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulC55

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Use HWMonitor and see if what sort of temps your hardware is undergoing. As for our platform, might want to also check and see if there is anything flagged in Device Manager.

Chrisxtian

Honorable
Nov 16, 2016
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Use HWMonitor and see if what sort of temps your hardware is undergoing. As for our platform, might want to also check and see if there is anything flagged in Device Manager.

Hi Luftij! Thank you for replying! I've edited my list of specs on the post. I'm at work right now but I could get you the screenshots of my HWMonitor later if you still need them.