Godmode in Vista: Got rid of it, but does not work.

Mario1011

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
Recently, I got my friend to put godmode on his computer running Vista 64 bit (I have a Windows 7 machine). I thought godmode was awesome and thought he should try it out. Unfortunately, it crashed his explorer.exe. After much research, I found that godmode does not work with Vista and you can fix it by deleting the godmode folder, so I gave him a Lubuntu bootable DVD and instructed him how to boot from it and delete godmode. Strangely, after booting up, my friend said tht the screen is just blank and only key commands like ctrl+alt+del work. He was able to open the task manager and he said that explorer.exe was not running so I told him to run it by pressing file from the task manager and entering explorer.exe. Explorer.exe did not start and now he is REALLY p***ed. ANY help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Without knowing exactly what your friend has done since invoking Godmode on an OS that doesn't support it, It is hard to suggest a fix.

May be time to bust out the reinstall disks and have at it.
Maybe buy your friend lunch and a 6-pack.

Mario1011

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013

He doesn't have an install disk. Is there any way to fix it or do something with a recovery disk?

USAFRet

Titan

The recovery disk from the manufacturer will probably work. But it will blow away anything and everything on that box, bringing it back to 'out of the store' condition.

You may have to buy him 2 6-packs in addition to lunch.

Mario1011

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013

Good news: it was true that he deleted the Godmode folder and explorer.exe was still not working, but he was able to do a system restore afterwards. That seems to have completely fixed the problem. He considers us "even" after I followed your advice. Thank you.

joeypalomo

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013

Hi,

After my analysis to your problem. Below are my findings,

1.explorer.exe will not work because you tried to create a godmode folder
2. Even if you restart the computer it will be a blank screen everytime
3. You have access to task manager by pressing ctrl alt del

LOGICAL SOLUTION
1. DELETE THE GODMODE.{?????????} folder and everything will be okay.

Lets start!

1. Ctrl alt del
2. Start the task manager
3. Run cmd to access dos prompt
4. Go to the location where you put the godmode folder (EX. CD/windows/USERS/desktop)
5. When you find the folder use the rename command, ( REN GODMODE.{?????????} AAA )
6. When renaming is successful. Its done!
7. Access again task manager and run explorer..exe or restart your pc.

If this works with you, kindly send me an email on EDIT: Email address removed by Moderator

Solution