going back to 7

Apr 17, 2023
Need a lot of help being new to computers. I had windows 7 in the past which was working great but I somehow deleted a file by
mistake. Could not get system to boot or log in since . I then had windows 10 installed which I really don't like and need to
know if there is a way to go back to seven if I do not not have the 7 disk? I really need detail instructions if this is possible or not. I know
7 is no longer supported.thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Need a lot of help being new to computers. I had windows 7 in the past which was working great but I somehow deleted a file by
mistake. Could not get system to boot or log in since . I then had windows 10 installed which I really don't like and need to
know if there is a way to go back to seven if I do not not have the 7 disk? I really need detail instructions if this is possible or not. I know
7 is no longer supported.thanks
If you don't have Windows 7 install media, then you are out of luck.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

kanewolf

Titan
If you like the look and feel of Windows 7:

Or for one that is still being actively worked on, but isn't free:

I use classic shell. Well done.

michael diemer

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Actually, what you really need is a valid license key. any windows 7 iso will work to install the system. then you validate with your key. It is OK to download the ISO, borrow one from a friend etc. but you must have a valid key. Otherwise no legal way to do it. Check Seven Forums for more info. (Not the Windows 7 forum here, it's its own forum. I'm not sure I'm allowed to provide a link, but you can easily search for it). If you download, it goes without saying you need to be careful. Again, Seven Forums will not steer you wrong.