Going Back To Windows 7

Grimers

Reputable
Mar 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

I posted a while back in this thread asking about a problem with regards to Google Chrome on Windows 7. I went back to Windows 10, but really like Windows 7. Is there really any problem in me downgrading to Windows 7 from Windows 10?

Thanks,

William

There is a rollback feature in Settings portion of the Windows 10. If you still can find it, you can click on Advanced Restart, and you will get a blue screened menu to rollback.

On a side note, not sure how Windows 10 is not stable for you. I use it on 5 of my computers, and it is as stabled as it can be. Not to mention, it has a bit more features than 7. And find my self using them daily.

Grimers

Reputable
Mar 16, 2017
I last rolled back just a few months ago and the key worked fine then, so not sure why it wouldn't now. It's been too long since I upgraded to roll back that way, so I'd have to clean reinstall. I didn't mean unstable in that way, but I've always preferred the way a Windows OS was designed before Windows 8. Please can you list these "features"? Yes, there's Cortana, but I've disabled that. LOL.

I have not had any stability issues on Windows 10. You may look into what inst stable on Windows 10 first, event viewer, reading dumps if its crashing as it could just be a simple driver issue. I do run classic shell as I like working more Windows 7 style than 10 you might give that a try before you downgrade.

You are not the only one. There is a very large portion of the market that doesn't like anything windows 8 or later.

Not sure what you are asking. Windows 7 needs a key because when it was designed, it wasn't designed to look at the motherboard. That's why Windows 10 just does a fresh installation. At least the last time I checked.

Again, there are programs out there that will give you the look of Windows 7, but still keep the updates and suppots of Windwos 10. Were you able to rollback to 7?

These are not malware. But again to each's own. Glad you were able to rollback. Go inside of System Properties to verify windows is activated.