gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
I recently planned forward to swap out my ThermalTake View 27 to a Corsair Crystal 280x micro ATX case. But the motherboard I have at the moment is just standard ATX: the Asus PRIME Z270-P LGA 1151.

I want to discard that one and buy the Asus PRIME B360M-A LGA 1151, because it's roughly the same motherboard but micro ATX, and the PRIME brand is decently cheap and fullfilled my satisfaction.

Since they're both Asus PRIME, I assumed that I do not have to update or change any drivers beforehand or afterwards. Then I realized they have different chipsets, so I'm not quite sure anymore.

Are there any drivers I need to update or change (download) before or after upgrading?

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
With any motherboard swap, be prepared for a full wipe and OS reinstall.
It may not be needed, but prepare for if it is.

Should I be worried about my data getting corrupted or lost (like videogames, personal data, pictures, etc.), or do I need to delete and install some programs/drivers that are, let's say, reachable via the Documents folders IF doing a new OS install?

Asking this just to be sure, cause I recently reinstalled windows for no reason and lost all of my data. (luckily I was able to revert my pc)

TRENDING THREADS