[SOLVED] Going from i5-9600k to i9-9900k causing no display/boot issue?

Aug 17, 2020
Bought a used i9 from a seller, did not work and was displaying Solid CPU debug light on. Note that when I would switch back to my i5-9600k PC would boot normally. He was able to replace it for another i9. This one does not show the Solid CPU debug light but it has the same problem of no display/boot. When powering on MOBO does display the DRAM light for a second then turns off.

i9-9900k
Z390 MSI Gaming Edge AC - Latest bios
SuperNova GA 550W
RTX 2070
16gb 3600 CL16 Trident Z

Have tried to clear CMOS, 1 stick of ram, taking out graphics card. IS this CPU dead again? or am I just missing something?

Solution
As long as you've got the heatsink on it (even if it's not making the best contact) you should be able to at least POST or get in to BIOS. Sounds like he sent you another bad i9-9900k, especially since you can put everything back together with your i5-9600k and it'll POST and boot right up.
As long as you've got the heatsink on it (even if it's not making the best contact) you should be able to at least POST or get in to BIOS. Sounds like he sent you another bad i9-9900k, especially since you can put everything back together with your i5-9600k and it'll POST and boot right up.

Solution
Aug 17, 2020
Yeah Heat sink is on and I know everything else works. Oh well I guess I'll just cut my loses and buy a new one or buy from someone else. He mentioned that he would refund me if I couldn't get it working. So I hope that's the case when I message him today.

Thanks for the advice!