[SOLVED] Going to be upgrading here soon.

RacerDemon

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
As the title states, I am going to be upgrading soon, once taxes come in. I have some questions if you folks wouldn't mind helping me out, thanks. How does my upgrade look? Will the 970 bottleneck the cpu? Should I get a different case? Is my PSU able to handle all the new components? Thanks! I am doing 1080p gaming.

My current setup is:

Fx-8350
16gb DDR3 Ram
Asus Sabertooth MOBO
MSI 970 OC
PSU-TX 750M
Case-Cooler Master, MasterBox Pro 5 RGB ATX

What I am wanting to upgrade too:
CPU- Ryzen 5 3600
Ram- Corsair Vegeance LPX 16gb
Mobo- MSI Tomahawk MAX
GPU-Keep for now? Then upgrade to RX 5600xt?
PSU-Should be ok?
Case-Would this work?

Solution
As the title states, I am going to be upgrading soon, once taxes come in. I have some questions if you folks wouldn't mind helping me out, thanks. How does my upgrade look? Will the 970 bottleneck the cpu? Should I get a different case? Is my PSU able to handle all the new components? Thanks! I am doing 1080p gaming.

My current setup is:

Fx-8350
16gb DDR3 Ram
Asus Sabertooth MOBO
MSI 970 OC
PSU-TX 750M

CPU- Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo- MSI Tomahawk MAX
PSU-Should be ok?
Case-Would this work?
Your GPU won't bottleneck your CPU. Instead your GPU will be running at max and your CPU...

My current setup is:

Fx-8350
16gb DDR3 Ram
Asus Sabertooth MOBO
MSI 970 OC
PSU-TX 750M

CPU- Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo- MSI Tomahawk MAX
PSU-Should be ok?
Case-Would this work?
Your GPU won't bottleneck your CPU. Instead your GPU will be running at max and your CPU won't have to work as hard to keep the GPU fed. Your current case will be fine. How long have you had your PSU?

Solution

RacerDemon

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
Your GPU won't bottleneck your CPU. Instead your GPU will be running at max and your CPU won't have to work as hard to keep the GPU fed. Your current case will be fine. How long have you had your PSU?

Going on 2 years for the PSU. So the gpu would be ok for now? But in the future an RX 5600xt would be an increase right?

At 2 years old that PSU will be fine. The GPU will be OK for now as well. An RX 5600XT is going to be a pretty big upgrade from the 970. On average you will be looking at a 50-100% increase in performance and on some titles or resolutions close to 200-300%