Going to build a PC for Sketchup Vray and lumion renderings.

Sep 12, 2018
Hello Techies, I’m working as a junior designer and I do lot of moderately heavy Sketchup vray renderings and moderately complex lumion renderings. And I have decided to build a workstation due to issues with my current PC. so i been researching on building a budget workstation. And I have decided to assemble my PC using Ryzen 7 2700, GTX 1060 3G, Corsair LPX 8GB 2660, ASUS B350-Plus, and Corsair 650vs. Kingston UV500 120GB. I wanna know whether this build will be a better build for my requirements. recommendations and guides are so welcome! thanks!

Thank you so much! :)

Solution
to err on the side of caution: Consult the software companies directly, hopefully they'll have in depth info on what hardware will achieve the best/fastest results. Don't forget to have the release version and service release or patch status to hand as well, updates to pro software can have significant effects on how it behaves on certain hardware.

After a very quick look:
Both packages want 16Gb of RAM.
Lunion only needs a 4 core CPU, they state this clearly along with the requirement for as fast as possible-making Intel a natural choice.
Sketchup isn't quite as clear and the package offers CPU, GPU and hybrid CPU/GPU rendering options, possibly according to version.

That Corsair vs PSU should not make it into the final build, it's...
to err on the side of caution: Consult the software companies directly, hopefully they'll have in depth info on what hardware will achieve the best/fastest results. Don't forget to have the release version and service release or patch status to hand as well, updates to pro software can have significant effects on how it behaves on certain hardware.

After a very quick look:
Both packages want 16Gb of RAM.
Lunion only needs a 4 core CPU, they state this clearly along with the requirement for as fast as possible-making Intel a natural choice.
Sketchup isn't quite as clear and the package offers CPU, GPU and hybrid CPU/GPU rendering options, possibly according to version.

That Corsair vs PSU should not make it into the final build, it's a light load, office type part, unsuitable for a workstation.

Solution
This is setup primarily for Lumion:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($36.40 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - H310M A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($45.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Value 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($133.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($49.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Mini ITX OC Video Card ($224.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H17 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($35.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($27.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Noctua - NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 70.8 CFM 120mm Fan ($13.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $819.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-12 14:40 EDT-0400

And yes, I'm aware I've mixed a 'K' CPU with a mere 'H' MB, it's included because the OP uses software that wants the fastest 4 core CPU we can throw at it and I don't think an i3 will cut it with Sketchup.
And I've cheaped out on the PSU-if the OP has the budget it can be improved, if not, it's still the later, better 2017 model.
The extra fan is an obvious add on the little case only comes with one 120mm in the rear.