Gold crossfire pins burned off?

Pyroblock

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
so, I just bought another gpu to cross fire, and I noticed the old pins for cross fire were burned off
http://gyazo.com/c0c9c32dab549c92370c7e652079c1f6
is there anyways I can fix this myself? or send it to someone to fix? I rather not buy a new one (and im not having the best of luck selling it either tog et cash to buy a new one)
I would return it but ic ant find the order details for newegg to allow a replacement

Pyroblock

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
no... it crossfires with a crossfire bridge, its a r9 280x
the pins are literally burned off, and you can tell
I would give a correct picture but i dont want to open my case right now

do you by any chance mean the printed circuit contacts??while they probably burned for a reason you can try the following repair.go to your local autoparts store and buy some rear window defroster grid repair fluid.with this you can try "painting"over the burned area.this is a last ditch effort but if it was my card i would give it a try.repaired a burned path on a motherboard with the same method.

Pyroblock

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

Pyroblock

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

a picture of a floor model I found on a website to give you an idea of what part of the gpu I was talking about

Pyroblock

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Its not a matter of it being hard, its more so for the fact that it was 1 am when doing this and the amount of stuff blocking the way of the gpu to get a clear photo would have produced too much noise
Either way I'll supply a photo when i get home

Pyroblock

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

. . . . edited by mod

anyways here is a photo of the "burned" marks (its not dirt) also, its hard to see it on the other crossfire slot, but its there too, mainly on the other side though, but one is enough to get the idea across
7uXp0W8.jpg

Pyroblock

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

no im not sure, i just said burnt because its what it looks like to me
it could very well be corrosion. I'll most likely try that defogger stuff if no one else can think of a solution

Pyroblock

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

what liquids would be the safest way to clean it then? just turn it off, dap of water on a microfiber and wait for it to dry? I highly doubt that would be smart to do in any sense of the word

Pyroblock

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
so the crossfire slots arent the issue, its something else, I cleaned them (I got the gunk off after pulling out the card)
but it says this still
http://gyazo.com/b2a4b0f19738dc6d8356e52027472af5
the weird thing is, it gave me the option to finally enable it after having this new card for 2 weeks, but when I clicked it, all my monitors spazzed out, the main monitor had a flashing _ like it was booting up, and thne I lost contact with one monitor (it was connected to the second gpu) and the display came back up with crossfire not being a choice anymore... it was.. weird