Has anyone ever played a game solely to accumulate as much gold as
possible? If so, how much did you accumulate? :)

Perhaps there's a programmed limit?

IIRC in one of my old favs, Colonization, you could only get around
30,000 before the programme couldn't handle it.
--
Paul 'US Sitcom Fan' Hyett

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:02:25 +0000, Paul Hyett
<pah@nojunkmailplease.co.uk> wrote:

>Has anyone ever played a game solely to accumulate as much gold as
>possible? If so, how much did you accumulate? :)
>
>Perhaps there's a programmed limit?
>
>IIRC in one of my old favs, Colonization, you could only get around
>30,000 before the programme couldn't handle it.

I have never intentionally saved but I recall Russia giving something
like 8,000 gold for Computers one time. They where in communism so
they couldn't rush improvements. After I upgraded to mech infantry I
might have accumulated up to 20,000. With governments like Democracy
I blow it on luxuries and rushing improvements.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:02:25 +0000, Paul Hyett
<pah@nojunkmailplease.co.uk> wrote:

>Has anyone ever played a game solely to accumulate as much gold as
>possible? If so, how much did you accumulate? :)
>
>Perhaps there's a programmed limit?
>
>IIRC in one of my old favs, Colonization, you could only get around
>30,000 before the programme couldn't handle it.

In my current game the leading civ has over 40K gold. This is my
first time playing at such a high level so I don't know how normal
that is. They conquered most of the world and then switched to a
government which does not allow them to rush improvements. The AI
doesn't seem to mind buying tech and resources off them even though
they are contributing to their future destruction.