Good £100 Monitor? (1080p)

Littlesackninja

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
Hi, I am looking for a cheap (£100~ area, £110 Max including shipping) 1080p 60Hz monitor to replace my old 1440x900p monitor, I dont really care much about colour advantages in a IPS monitor, but it has to have Hdmi, or DP. I had my eye on either a AOC I2267FWH, a LG 22MP55HQ-P, and the ViewSonic VX2252MH. THe ViewSonic is only 2ms, and it also has Hdmi unlike many other cheap TN monitors, So far it looks the best of the 3, but i am not sure.

Solution
that's a whole different issue that you need to look at. DVI should not do that. benchmarks etc. would probably carry on running with a disconnected monitor, so I'm thinking that this is a GPU issue. DVI and HDMI are electrically nearly identical, just + sound for hdmi, so it won't change anything. Do you know your gpu temps when this happens, what is your GPU and what is your PSU.

Littlesackninja

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
Is an LED Backlight required, because i am looking at this: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-i2267fwh and it says it has none, its that bad?
Also on my current monitor, every 30m it reconnects the dvi connection as if it has just been taken out and put back in, do you know why this is, this is mainly why i want hdmi, because i dont want my monitor doing stuff like that and ruining my benchmarks and certain games which then crash.

that's a whole different issue that you need to look at. DVI should not do that. benchmarks etc. would probably carry on running with a disconnected monitor, so I'm thinking that this is a GPU issue. DVI and HDMI are electrically nearly identical, just + sound for hdmi, so it won't change anything. Do you know your gpu temps when this happens, what is your GPU and what is your PSU.

Solution

Littlesackninja

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
My gpu only reaches 38c when not overclocked under full load, (Watercooled) but it happened before that, could it possibley be a loose connection because the dvi cable on the monitor end is at a severe angle, because there is a cutout in the back of the monitor for the io portish area (inward, and because the dvi end of the cable is long it doesnt quite fit in the incove so i had to jam it in, could it be this?
Also it isnt every 30m, it just happens randomly, usually every 30m-2h so it varys, but when it happens it is like the monitor no longer exists for the second of the event, so the resolution of my benchmarks change, thus causing crashing or inconsistent results.