Question Good 3.5mm headphone cables?

Jun 10, 2020
Hi folks,
Can anyone recommend a good cable, 3.5mm jack, for headphones? Alternatively give me a link to any existing threads on this subject. Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed:

Do you mean some sort of 3.5 mm audio extension cable, or just a jack (female) that you are going to solder in somewhere?

Pinouts: TS, TRS, TRRS?

Apple environment? Pinouts are different.

Headphones: make, model?

For the most part, cables are commodities and the "method" I would use is to check applicable vendor sites ( e.g., Amazon, etc. ) and look for brand name cables with many purchasers and many good reviews.

Lots of really cheap/low quality, and even counterfeit products out there....

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

D

Deleted member 217926

^ That. Can't answer without knowing for what headphones.

Jun 10, 2020
Male 3.5mm on both ends. I have Betron BN15 cans right now but am looking to upgrade so want a decent cable.

D

Deleted member 217926

They still aren't just interchangeable. What headphones are you upgrading to? There is no such thing as a generic cable. Some Hi-Fi Man and some Focals use 3.5mm. Most ( audiophile ) headphones use something proprietary.

D

Deleted member 217926

I have 8 pair of audiophile headphones. The 3 Sennheisers all use Sennheiser specific cables. The HD598 uses a 3.5mm but it's proprietary and twists in. Only my Philips Fidelio X2HR uses a single "generic" 3.5mm connector. My Focal Elear uses them as well but it's 2 of them balanced. One for each side.

D

Deleted member 217926

So I'm still not sure what you want beyond a generic cable from Amazon. If you're wanting high end headphones with custom cables I can recommend a few places.