Question Good 550w Gold rated PSU?

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
Is the ROSEWILL Gaming 80 Plus Gold 550W Power Supply / PSU, PHOTON Series Full Modular a reliable/good PSU?

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
Ok thanks for the answers. I bought a Corsair CX650M but when I turned it on it would flash on and off. I have a TR2 rn and I've had it for 4 years so I want to upgrade it.

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
I didn't know how to describe it tbh. I have an i5 8600k, GTX 1060 OC, MSI Z370 PC PRO, 8gb ram. And no right when I would hit my power button it would do as I described.

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
TR2 isn't modular. I put it in my computer once, wouldn't post. A tried a week later, put it in, it worked for like 5 hours then I went to sleep. Came back the next day and then it wouldn't post. And yes, I used the CX-M cables.

Is the ROSEWILL Gaming 80 Plus Gold 550W Power Supply / PSU, PHOTON Series Full Modular a reliable/good PSU?

How long does the reboot cycle? 1 cycle? 2 cycles? 5 cycles?

I ask this because sometimes when installing new components such as ram (idk if you installed new ram or removed your ram and reinstalled it, or removed cpu and resinstalled it) when rebooting the pc, the pc will go into a 5-10 cycle reboot to reset the bios and recognize the new components.

Or you could have installed some ram into the wrong channels.

Any of this possible or does it just continuously cycle indefinately?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The 8 pin EPS connector goes all in on the motherboard? Power for the cpu.

For that video,upload,make a bookmark for the site and use (i think) the "triple dot -> camera" symbol above where you paste that link or just paste the link in your next post.

Can also make a photo from the 8 pin connector and post it here,

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.
don't know if i wil be able to see if anything is wrong with it,but maybe that jonnyguru might be.