[SOLVED] Good Audio Headphones

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys,
So i bought Razer Kraken few months back and haven't been impressed with its audio quality.
I am thinking of buying new headphones so kindly guide me something under 250$
It could be of any bran Bose Sennheiser or any gaming brand too but i have heard that Gaming headphones aren't good for music.
I am a visual artist and i listen to a lot of music when im working so i need something much much better in terms of audio quality.
And how do i know that the headphones is good like do i check it neodymium magnets or what i have no clue
Suggestions are appreciated.

Solution
Depends on what you want. Razer tends to be best for gaming, Sennheiser is a bit more balanced in what they offer. I'm personally using some Sennheiser GSP 500's right now, and they are fairly good for both gaming and music (though they did take a good day to get broken in). By contrast, the older Sennheiser PC360's are a bit more gaming oriented.

My recommendation would be to head over to head-fi.org; the guys there are generally good with their recommendations.

Keep in mind: this all assumes your sound device is good enough to differentiate between headsets. I've been using dedicated soundcards since the early 90's, so I can't really speak to how good onboard chips are relative to them.

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Razer is mostly recommended for gaming. If you are into music and looking for audio quality you should look for brands such as JBL, Skull Candy, Bose etc

Yeah thinking of getting a Bose or Sennheiser one but i have my heart set on
Asus Gaming delta ROG Headset but i don't know if it's worth that much money in terms of quality of sound.

Depends on what you want. Razer tends to be best for gaming, Sennheiser is a bit more balanced in what they offer. I'm personally using some Sennheiser GSP 500's right now, and they are fairly good for both gaming and music (though they did take a good day to get broken in). By contrast, the older Sennheiser PC360's are a bit more gaming oriented.

My recommendation would be to head over to head-fi.org; the guys there are generally good with their recommendations.

Keep in mind: this all assumes your sound device is good enough to differentiate between headsets. I've been using dedicated soundcards since the early 90's, so I can't really speak to how good onboard chips are relative to them.

Solution