good back to school gaming laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffleman67

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
Hey guys I was looking for a new laptop and my friend recommended me this site saying it was really helpful so here i am. K so I am getting a new laptop because I am going in grade 12 and i want it to be good enough so i can game on it in my free time. Im still a newbie at games i play Dont starve, wizard101, league of legend maplestory and some skyrim and tf2 so something that never lags on high settings can play good resolution has at least 16 gigs of ram and 250 gigs of space preferably a flash drive. I have a budget of $1500 its ok if it goes a little bit over but something that's 14 inch minimum preferably 15 inch something that's new and my number one problem is that i need it to not look wayy toooo gaming freak type because my dad is getting me this laptop and hes getting it bc i "need" it for school not to game on it so alienware is not an option something that looks professional its ok if it has some designs but not too bulky not too attention grabbing at school but if it cant be helped I can look into it but please any help will be greatly appreciated thank you guys so much

Solution
I might suggest looking at the MSI GS60 Ghost-003 It features an 128 M.2 SSD (the fastest of SSD's currently) and 1TB HDD. Comes stock with 16GB of ram, 1080 display, a Core i7 CPU and a GTX 860M graphics card. Some customization is available through the configuration link above. The only down side I can think of is that it does have that "gamer" look to it
Another option may be the Gigabyte P35Kv3-CF1 with similar specs but a slightly more powerful graphics card and a slightly higher price tag
I might suggest looking at the MSI GS60 Ghost-003 It features an 128 M.2 SSD (the fastest of SSD's currently) and 1TB HDD. Comes stock with 16GB of ram, 1080 display, a Core i7 CPU and a GTX 860M graphics card. Some customization is available through the configuration link above. The only down side I can think of is that it does have that "gamer" look to it
Another option may be the Gigabyte P35Kv3-CF1 with similar specs but a slightly more powerful graphics card and a slightly higher price tag

Solution
If you want something portable, said systems in C12Friedman's post are good. Mind you, though, that because they have a slim design for a gaming laptop, that they'll run a little warm and, consequently, a little loud (the fans will have to work harder to move heat away). The Clevo P650 is also a comparable system to these.

Of course, you could go a little bigger + heavier if you're willing and end up with something that is more capable of handling heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS