Good Basic Computer

Oct 12, 2018
I currently own a Toshiba Satellite with a Core I3 chip and it's getting to old to deal with all of the stuff that floods me when I'm on the internet. I use my computer to write novels and correspond with people via mail and Facebook. I play a few simple games but nothing more complicated than Bubble Mouse so I don't need graphics or high level video. What's the best notebook for me?

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
Pretty much any modern computer would suit you. Wait for Black Friday (or Cyber Monday, rather), and look out for one on special. I advise buying one that has the latest technology, e,g at least an 8th Gen CPU if Intel, since it will likely last longer. Definitely get one with an SSD rather than a hard disk. Get at LEAST 8GB of ram. I like a touch-screen (so I don't need a mouse), but not everyone does. Apart from that, personal preferences rule, e.g. screen size, battery life, brand, etc. Right now I have an HP, but I have had no problems with ASUS.

That is a nice one as well, however, doesn't offer the same battery life. Also you do know that Lenovo is a Chinese company as well right?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
So is Newegg for that matter...majority controlled by a Chinese firm as of 2016.

But pretty much all consumer electronics are at least assembled in China if not manufactured. Just have to deal with it if you buy electronics.