Good Budget 2017 Gaming Computer

bri.batliner

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
I am looking to upgrade my computers GPU, CPU, and Motherboard into a gaming computer.

I have a small budget of around $300, so it doesn't need to run games at max setting or anything, just enough to play them.

I have one in mind but it is ~$75 Over Budget:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YgPcWX

I also have one that it not as good, but within my budget:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kyM2pb

Games I am looking to play are PUBG, Middle Earth: Shadow of War, and A TellTale Batman Series.

If you have any suggestions on parts or any comments on my two options, please let me know.

Thanks so much!

Solution
i think first you have to remove a AMD processor from your list because it cost u more then a Intel processor and i think you also have to change your idea about buying a 1050 ti.you can try gtx 750ti instead of it

AnonymousAndy

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Just save your money until you can afford the newer platform. With the build you listed within your budget, you're saving $75 to buy an ancient 4+ year old platform with no possibility of an upgrade path. And as a reminder, none of the builds have anything listed for power-supply, peripherals, a case, storage, or an OS... I hope you already have these things?

If you simply want the best performance without going over $300 you'd need to buy a used or refurb OEM tower, and buy a 1050ti or used 970 GPU.

bri.batliner

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017

Yes I already have those things. Thanks for your opinion!

MERGED QUESTION
Question from bri.batliner : "AM3+ Ryzen Alternative"

No there isnt. The best CPUs for that socket are built on architecture that is years old.

abhishekuikey0907

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
i think first you have to remove a AMD processor from your list because it cost u more then a Intel processor and i think you also have to change your idea about buying a 1050 ti.you can try gtx 750ti instead of it

Solution

Latest posts